Friday 2 August 2013

FUNKE AKINDELE: My Marriage lasted only two months


In an interview with E-47, she admitted that she only enjoyed the first two months and claimed that she was abused severally, as the union went awry.
The popular Nollywood actress Funke Akindele, has spoken candidly for the first time about her failed marriage with Kehinde Oloyede, admitting that the union lasted only two months before controversies set in.
You can read about the crashed marriage here: http://blazingchild.blogspot.com/2013/07/nollywood-star-akindele-separated-from.html and her immediate denial : http://blazingchild.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-marriage-intact-funke-akindele.html. She also granted her first interview on the crashed marriage, claiming that she can be laughed at: http://blazingchild.blogspot.com/2013/07/failed-marriage-you-can-laugh-at-me.html.
 
Below is her words in the interview with E-47:

“I was abused emotionally and verbally. Really, I felt we could work things out when the trouble started two months after the marriage, but I made up my mind and shut the door of the marriage at him when the trouble was coming to me too much.
I stooped to conquer him; buried my fame and name to make him my husband, but it did not work. At a point in time, I asked if it’s not the same man that was all over me before we married. He nearly got me off my career. He called me severally; I did not pick his calls but when he realized my silence was tormenting him, he took to Facebook. It’s alright. Ask him when did he come to my house last? He left me here in my rented apartment with nothing and he will just dash in and dash out. He gets abusive, caustic anytime we have a misunderstanding and often told me to my face, he’s going to his wife in Oshodi.”
At Oshodi, she said, she received a warm welcome from the wife, Fadekemi, but constant humiliation from Kehinde.

2 comments:

  1. All these happened 'cos she married another woman's husband and not her own husband. It's a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goes around comes around.

    ReplyDelete