Tuesday 28 January 2014

D'banj becomes a farmer, to establish farm soon


The Koko master, Dapo Oyebanjo, D’banj, has suggested that he will take into farming as part of his role with the 'ONE's Year of Agriculture' campaign.

 ``ONE’’ is an international, non-partisan, non-profit, advocacy and campaigning organisation aimed at eradicating poverty and preventable diseases in the world through public awareness.

 D’banj disclosed this in an interview at the launch of ``ONE’s Year of Agriculture’ Campaign” that his action was to explore another area of opportunities.

 D’banj said that during his meeting with the ``ONE Organisation” in South Africa, he was convinced that agriculture was the only way forward for Nigeria and Africa.

``If we focus on agriculture in the next five, six, seven, 10 years, Africa can actually be feeding the rest of the world.  Agriculture is actually everything that we live; food is life; agriculture is life. So, for me, I will be doing everything in my power to make sure that the youth, my generation, they see what I have seen and they get informed as I have," he said.

The Oliver twist crooner added that he planned to establish his own farm, noting that farming is no longer for the poor.
"We would create our wealth ourselves, so you can call me a farmer now. My role is to get involved and like a joke I’m getting involved fully. Maybe I’m going to have my own farm so that when I’m talking to youths and saying listen I am a farmer as well.  So, everything we would be doing to just let them know that ``oh boy’’ you can wear a Rolex and still be a farmer,’’D'banj submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment