Tuesday 7 January 2014

Mourinho recommends Omeruo for Boro



Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has revealed Kenneth Omeruo was recommended to him by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

He said: “Kenneth’s a defender from Chelsea. I know him, Jose told me about him and told me he’s a good player to have.

“Jose and I are friends, so always since I have arrived here it (Boro signing Chelsea players) has been talked about.

The young defender has impressed at international level with Nigeria and is hoping to feature for the Super Eagles in this summer’s World Cup.

He also said the Chelsea defender won't be Boro’s only signing in the January transfer window as he is assessing options in several positions.

He confirmed after Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat to Hull that Omeruo will join Boro for the remainder of the current season on Tuesday.

“We have been working on a deal and he will be with us on Tuesday and staying for the rest of the season,” said Karanka.

“He’s a strong defender and we need to improve at the back and we need a strong defender and Kenneth is a strong player a very good player, he can play at centre-back and right-back.

“We are looking for many positions but we need to be very smart with the players that come here because I’m very happy with my squad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment