Tuesday 18 March 2014

HEART MATTERS: He said all we were having was fun!

I am in my mid-40's and run a clinic in the heart of Lagos. 1 have been in love with the MD of one of the companies that use my services for years. 1 am a seemingly happily married woman, but I fell out of love with my husband ages ago. He was very nasty to me in the first few years of our marriage. He had a couple of affairs and had two illegitimate children to show for it.

My lover is married too. I worked late at the clinic one day when one of the nurses confided in me that she was pregnant and that my lover was responsible. Unfortunately, she didn’t know about our relationship and wanted me to have a word with him against the termination of the pregnancy.

When I confronted him on the nurse’s allegations, he didn’t deny it. He was actually surprised 1 took it as a betrayal. He said we never promised each other anything besides the good times we were having as we were both married.

I have since ended the relationship, but was unprepared for the depth of the heartache I felt and still feel.
I snap at my husband and children at the slightest provocation. My husband had asked me what was wrong and how he could help, but 1 couldn’t tell him anything, of course.
How can I get over this betrayal, and will I find love again?

1 comment: