Monday 24 March 2014

‘I have no beef with Wande Coal’ – Olamide

Contrary to gist making the rounds in the music industry, Olamide, says he has no beef with singer, Wande Coal.

Rumours of a beef started back in 2012 when Olamide released his YBNL album . On the track titled ‘Picture’, Olamide rapped about not letting his guard down when it comes to interacting with obsessed female fans.

‘Oloso (prostitutes) thinking of how to ruin me, but I know what I’m doing/they want to Wande Coal me, they want to Davido me,’ he rapped.
Folks alleged that Wande did not find that line funny and the two were not on speaking terms, however, Olamide has denied that.

He said on Thursday: ‘I have no riff with Wande Coal, we spoke on phone three days ago. When I heard the gist I was also surprised. He is my guy; he is a street boy like me. Why I said they want to Wande Coal me, they want to Davido me on my song… people are just out looking for who to use for a scape goat, trying to bring you down, that was all I was trying to say. I don’t have issues with them.’

Wande Coal’s manager, Bankuli,  refused to comment on the issue.

It will be recalled that both Wande Coal and Davido have been involved in controversies over nude/half nude photos purportedly leaked by women. Wande Coal, we are told, was not impressed by Olamide’s reference to the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment